COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT POLICY
turbobit.ru (hereinafter referred to as the “Site”, “Turbobit”, "we") is an Online Service Provider under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. Section 512 ("DMCA") and European Copyright Directive ("EUCD"), officially Directive 2001/29/EC.
Turbobit respects the legitimate rights of copyright owners, and has adopted an efficient notice and takedown procedure as required by the DMCA and EUCD. It is Turbobit policy to:
- accommodate and not interfere with standard technical measures used to identify and protect copyrighted works;
- disable access to or remove content that it believes in good faith may infringe the copyrights of third parties; and
- discontinue service to users who repeatedly make such content available or otherwise violate Turbobit Terms & Conditions.
Please do not abuse the Turbobit service by using it to distribute materials to which You do not have the rights.
If You are the owner of any exclusive right under copyright laws, or are authorized to act on behalf of such an owner, and You believe that a copyrighted work is being used or provided through the Turbobit in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please send the following information to Turbobit's designated agent:
- Identify yourself as either:
- The owner of a copyrighted work(s), or
- A person "authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed." Include a physical or electronic signature.
- Identify the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
- Identify the User Content that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of the infringing activity and that is to be suspended or access to which is to be disabled, as well as information reasonably sufficient to permit Turbobit to locate the User Content. Providing URLs are required to help us locate the User Content.
- Provide contact information that is reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, including your name, physical address, email address, phone number.
- State that you have a good faith belief that use of the User Content in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agents, or the law.
- State that the information in the notification is accurate and under penalty of perjury the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Requests will be processed much faster if you:
- Let us know in which country the copyright infringement takes place
- Use your official e-mail domain by requesting
- Do not forget to attach a scanned document (stamped and signed) confirming the rights to the material or to work.
- Do not forget to attach a claim that you send us by e-mail with a signature, such as a valid digital signature or a scanned physical signature
Please note that under the DMCA and EUCD, any person who knowingly and materially misrepresents that content is infringing may be subject to liability.
All completed notices shall be delivered to Turbobit’s Designated Copyright Agent:
As an Online Service Provider, we are entitled to claim immunity from said infringement claims pursuant to the “safe harbor” provisions of the DMCA and EUCD.
If Turbobit's designated agent receives proper notification, or if Turbobit comes to believe in good faith that content available through the Turbobit Site may infringe copyrights, it will remove or disable access to the potentially infringing materials as soon as reasonably possible. Turbobit will also promptly notify the user who made the content available through the Site that the content has been removed or access to it has been disabled.
Restoration of User Content
If You have received a notice of material being takedown because of a copyright infringement claim, You may provide us with a counter-notification in an effort to have the material in question restored to the site. Said notification ust contain substantially the following elements:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- A description of the material that has been taken down and the original location of the material before it was taken down. Providing URLs are required to help us locate the User Content.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that You have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- Your name, e-mail address, address and telephone number, and a statement that the information in the notice is accurate, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Republic of Cyprus, and that You will accept service of process from the person or company who provided the original infringement notification.
All completed notices shall be delivered to Turbobit’s Designated Copyright Agent: https://help-turbobit-net.kayako.com/conversation/new/
If a proper counter-notification is received by Turbobit's designated agent, Turbobit may send a copy of the counter-notification to the original complaining party. The counter-notification may be accompanied by notice that Turbobit will replace or restore access to the content within 15 days of date the notice is sent, unless a legal action is brought against the user who provided the counter-notification, seeking a court order regarding the ownership and/or use of the content, and Turbobit is provided with proof of the commencement of the action. If such an action is not commenced and proof of commencement provided to Turbobit, then the content that is the subject of the counter-notification will be replaced or access to it restored unless Turbobit determines, in its sole discretion, that doing so would be contrary to Turbobit’s Terms & Conditions.
(Effective as of April 14, 2020)